Now, when I’ve warmed up my Fast Fourier Transformation skills with some boring examples, it’s time to do some serious research:
Therefore, I’m hereby announcing the 2013 ‘”Finest Fart’ competition !
The rules of the game are as follows:
– The participant records (in an mp3 or a wav file) his or her best fart.
– The length of the recording must not exceed 5 seconds
– the participant must state the sampling frequency of the recording (typically 44100 Hz)
– The jury will analyze each contribution for amplitude and frequency spectrum, using Fast Fourier Analysis.
– The first and only price will be eternal fame, by publication on this blog
– the decision of the jury can not be appealed against
The way to participate in this competition, is to send an mp3 or wav file with your best fart to:
before Dec 31, 2013, 12 PM, GMT + 1
The winner will be announced during the first week of January 2014.
The graph above displays the first entry to the competition, and this entry will IMO be quite hard to beat – the spectrum analysis reveals that this particular fart contains a very broad spectrum of frequencies…