Have you ever felt a bit uneasy about your job or the organisation you work for, but been unable to explain why, over and above by giving specific concrete examples of “functional stupidity”?
Well, if so, here’s an easy test for you that will enable you to decide, at a “generic level”, whether you should look for a differerent job, or another organisation to work for, i.e a quick and effective litmus test to execute whenever you start having doubts about whether being in the right place:
– do you feel proud of belonging to the organisation/company/corporation?
– are you proud over the products or services your organisation provides?
– are you proud over the customer value your organisation provides?
– are proud over how your organisation deals with customers and staff?
– are you able to share the corporate values (not necessarily the official ones, but those that are visible in the daily operations) ?
And finally, the killer question that summarizes it all:
“Would you recommend your friends to buy your products, or to take employment at your company?”
If you answer “no” to any of these questions, chances are you would do better, and feel better, somewhere else, where the corporate culture better matches your values and beliefs.